While the GNWT is working to minimize impacts, the ongoing Canada Post labour dispute may affect business operations related to some programs and services.
We are working to provide alternatives for GNWT programs and services that use the mail system as part of their business operations.
If you have questions about specific GNWT programs or services, you can:
To find out how you can deliver or receive documents for specific programs, contact:
- Environment and Natural Resources - Please contact us at 867-767-9055, or at your local or regional Environment and Natural Resources office,.
- Education, Culture and Employment - https://www.ece.gov.nt.ca/en/canada-post-service-distruption
- Health and Social Services - https://www.hss.gov.nt.ca/en/plans-potential-canada-post-disruption
- Department of Lands: Please contact the local or regional office
- Northwest Territories Housing Corporation: Please contact your District Office at: http://nwthc.gov.nt.ca/node/23
- Industry, Tourism and Investment - https://www.iti.gov.nt.ca/en/newsroom/canada-post-service-disruptions-what-you-need-know
The GNWT would also like to remind residents and businesses to sign up for direct deposit where available.