The Cannabis Legalization in the Northwest Territories: The Way Forward report provides an overview of the GNWT’s proposed approach on the matters for which the GNWT is responsible, including:
- minimum age;
- possession limits;
- public smoking;
- the sale and distribution of recreational cannabis;
- impaired driving;
- workplace safety; and
- public education.
The Way Forward report takes into account input received through the cannabis public engagement process, as well as other important factors, including:
- inter-jurisdictional considerations;
- coordination with enforcement partners;
- practical and financial implications for implementation in the required timeframe; and
- current research on the health impacts of cannabis.