Filing an appeal or complaint with the GNWT


Chief Electoral Officer
Provides an overview of the process to lodge a written complaint about an unlawful electoral practice or violation under the Elections and Plebiscite Act

Consumer Affairs
Provides the form to lodge a complaint if you are not satisfied with goods or services that you paid for under the Consumer Protection Act

Employment Standards
Lodge a complaint if you feel that your employer has not met the minimum standards for wages and working conditions under the Employment Standards Act and Regulations

Environmental Health
Lodge a complaint to investigate a range of human health issues such as food safety, drinking water quality, pest control, contaminates, compliance inspections and other factors under the NWT Public Health Act

Health Care Service Complaints
Provides information to lodge a complaint or concern about a regulated health professional (nurse, physician, dentist, pharmacist, midwife, social worker and all others)

Human Rights Commission
The process to file a human rights complaint under the NWT Human Rights Act if you feel you have been harassed or discriminated

NWT Languages Commissioner
Guidance on lodging a complaint if you feel that your rights have been violated under the Official Languages Act

Rental Agreement Dispute Resolution
Provides information to settling disputes between landlords and tenants under the Residential Tenancies Act