Women's Initiative Grant
The Department of EIA , through the Gender Equity Division, may provide funding to support special projects designed to enhance the cultural, economic, political and social participation of women in the Northwest Territories.
To provide one-time-only funding for special projects that supports the cultural, economic, political and social participation of women in the Northwest Territories. Special Projects may include, but are not limited to, the following: workshops, conferences, publications, life skills development and support to organizations involved in these activities.
Eligibility is restricted to non-government organizations, community governments and Aboriginal governments undertaking special projects to advance women’s cultural, economic, political and social participation in the Northwest Territories.
Special projects eligible for grant funding will address one or more of the following objectives:
- To support direct services and programs that provide advocacy and support for women;
- To advance women’s equality through research and policy development;
- To support initiatives that enhance awareness, education and social action on women’s equality issues;
- To support the development and capacity of women’s organizations to effectively enhance women’s equality in the Northwest Territories.
A call for applications will be issued yearly. Applicants shall submit a completed Women’s Initiatives Grant Application Form to the Minister Responsible for Women by the designated time.
Review and Approval Process
When assessing a grant application, the Minister will consider the extent to which:
- the proposed project has a community or territorial focus. Preference will be given to community-focused projects;
- the proposed project results in a final project (e.g. report, presentation) that can be shared with project participants and the broader community;
- the proposed project has community support;
- the proposed project fall more appropriately within the mandate of another GNWT department or program; and
- the proposed project is financially feasible.
Applications will be reviewed and prioritized based on how well the proposed project meets the objectives and criteria set out in this policy. Partial amounts of requested funding may be provided.
Decisions on grant awards will be made and communicated in writing to all applications no later than sixty days after the application due date.