Women's Initiative Grant
To provide one-time-only funding for special projects that supports the cultural, economic, political, and social participation of women in the Northwest Territories. Special Projects may include but are not limited to, the following: workshops, conferences, publications, life skills development, and support to organizations involved in these activities.
There is a $5,000 limit on this grant.
Application deadline is April 14, 2023.
This funding program is application-based.
This funding is available to:
- Non-government organizations
- Community governments
- Indigenous governments
- Projects seeking funding must address one or more of the following objectives:
- To support direct services and programs that provide advocacy and support for women;
- To advance women’s equality through research and policy development;
- To support initiatives that enhance awareness, education and social action on women’s equality issues;
- To support the development and capacity of women’s organizations to effectively enhance women’s equality in the Northwest Territories.
When assessing a grant application, the following are considered:
- The proposed project has a community or territorial focus. Preference will be given to community-focused projects;
- The proposed project results in a final project (e.g. Report, presentation) that can be shared with project participants and the broader community;
- The proposed project has community support;
- The proposed project fall more appropriately within the mandate of another GNWT department or program; and
- The proposed project is financially feasible.
How to apply
Partial amounts of requested funding may be provided.
Decisions on grant awards will be made and communicated in writing to all applications no later than sixty days after the application due date.