Gender Equity Grant
The Gender Equity Grant offers funding to support community-based projects designed to enhance gender equity across the Northwest Territories.
The maximum amount of funding available is $5,000 per community-based project.
Application deadline is April 14, 2023.
This funding program is application-based.
Eligibility is restricted to:
- Non-government organizations
- Community governments
- Indigenous governments
Projects seeking funding must address one or more of the following objectives:
- To support programs and services that address historical and social gender-based inequalities;
- To promote awareness, education, or social action on gender equity;
- To advance gender equity through partnership building, capacity building, policy development, or applied community research; or
- To support the development and capacity of organizations to effectively enhance gender equity in the Northwest Territories.
How to apply
1. Complete an application form.
2. Send the application form to email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed by a committee and prioritized based on how well the proposed project meets the objectives and criteria. Approved projects will be ineligible to receive funding under the Women’s Initiatives Grant in the same fiscal year.
Decisions on grant awards will be made and communicated in writing to all applicants no later than sixty days after the application due date.